Saturday 6 May 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carl Hagen and Judy Johns.
The White Cliffs of Dover, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1944 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Carl Hagen: Norwegian politician of the Progress Party.
- Judy Johns: American astrologer interested in mundane astrology who wrote a column in "Aspects" in the '90s.
- José Menendez: Cuban-American entrepreneur, worth $14 million.
- Anton Furst: English-American production designer and art director (d. 1991).
- Masanori Murakami: first Japanese baseball player in major leagues.
- KJR-AM in Seattle Washington swaps calls with KOMO
- 70th Kentucky Derby: Conn McCreary aboard Pensive wins in 2:04.2.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?