Wednesday 20 October 1976
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to If You Leave Me Now by Chicago.
In UK Mississippi by Pussycat was in the top 5 hits.
Car Wash, directed by Michael Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1976!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1976 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Nikolaos Bacharidis: Greek footballer.
- Dan Fogler: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Nicola Legrottaglie: Italian footballer and manager.
- Tom Wisniewski: American guitarist (MxPx).
- Reidel Anthony: Wide receiver (Tampa Bay Buccaneers).
- Mohammad Khan: British alleged terrorist, implicated by Scotland Yard as one of the suicide bombers who detonated explosives on the London underground on July 7, 2005. Khan was thought to have been married with one child. Since 2002, he had been a teaching assistant at a primary school in Leeds. He had received praise from the parents and teachers at the school. In November 2004 he traveled to Pakistan for unknown reasons and reportedly traveled with Shehzad Tanweer there.
- Arban Severin: American composer, musician and film actress.
- 70 die as Norwegian tanker Frosta collides with George Prince
- New York Nets' Julius "Dr J" Erving sold to the Philadelphia 76ers.
- The ferry George Prince is struck by a ship while crossing the Mississippi River between Destrehan and Luling, Louisiana. Seventy-eight passengers and crew die and only 18 people aboard the ferry survive.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- Boz Scaggs - Lowdown
- Orleans - Still The One
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - She's Gone
- Bee Gees - Love So Right
- Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?