Sunday 24 October 1976
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to If You Leave Me Now by Chicago.
In UK Mississippi by Pussycat was in the top 5 hits.
Car Wash, directed by Michael Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1976!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1976 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Joakim Natterqvist: Swedish actor.
- Yanda Nossiter: Sydney, NSW -- Canoeist (1996 Olympics).
- Matteo Mazzantini: Italian rugby player.
- Joakim Nätterqvist: Swedish actor.
- Petar Stoychev: Bulgarian swimmer.
- Richard Sturzenegger: Composer, dies at 70.
- 1st Jewish film and TV festival
- 7th NYC Marathon won by Bill Rodgers in 2:10:10
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- Boz Scaggs - Lowdown
- Orleans - Still The One
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - She's Gone
- Bee Gees - Love So Right
- Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?