Tuesday 21 January 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jinx Falkenburg and Eric ''Winkle'' Brown.
A Romance of Happy Valley, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1919!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1919 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Jinx Falkenburg: Barcelona, Spain -- Actress (Masquerade Party).
- Eric ''Winkle'' Brown: Scottish test pilot.
- Gina Ceaglio: American pro astrologer since 1960, writer, teacher, lecturer and counselor.
- Pierre Georges: French Communist resistant, better known as Colonel Fabien, who was one of the two members of the French Communist Party who perpetrated the first assassinations of German personnel during the Occupation of France during the Second World War.
- Eric Brown: Scottish captain and pilot.
- Gojong of Joseon: Emperor of Korea (Born 1852).
- Sinn Fein proclaims parliament of Free Ireland.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 January 1919
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Blue Bird - Elizabeth Spencer
- After You've Gone - Marion Harris
- Rose of No Man's Land - Charles Hart & Elliot Shaw
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?