Wednesday 1 January 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Das Schicksal der Maria Keith, directed by Rudolf Walther-Fein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1919.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1919!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1919 ?
- J D Salinger: American novelist (d. 2010).
- JD Salinger: American writer with a minimum output and excessively reclusive, but famed as a cult favorite.
- Rocky Graziano: American boxer and actor (d. 1990).
- Carole Landis: Fairchild, Wisconsin -- Actress (One Million BC, Topper Returns).
- J Salinger: American soldier and author (d. 2010).
- Yoshio Tabata: Japanese singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2013)
- Sheila Mercier: British actress, a longtime star of the TV soap "Emmerdale Farm." The popular series began in 1972 and celebrated its 1000th episode on 11/12/1985.
- Mikhail Drozdovsky: Ukrainian-Russian general (d. 1918).
- Belorussian SSR established.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1919 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Hindustan - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?