Wednesday 21 January 1959
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Smoke Gets In Your Eyes by The Platters.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
Bell Book and Candle, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while From The Terrace by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1959!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1959 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
Famous Birthdays:21 January
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- Connie Francis - My Happiness
- The Chipmunks - The Chipmunk Song
- Ritchie Valens - Donna
- The Crests - 16 Candles
- Clyde McPhatter - A Lover's Question
- Billy Grammer - Gotta Travel On
- Fats Domino - Whole Lotta Loving
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?