Sunday 21 September 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Don Gelder and Martha Jones.
Fun & Fancy Free, directed by Edgar Bergen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Author Meets the Critics.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1947 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Don Gelder: Gainesville, Florida -- Rocker (Eagles).
- Martha Jones: British-Canadian astrologer based in Alberta whose astrological art has appeared on the cover of The Mountain Astrologer.
- Stephen King: American prolific writer and screenwriter.
- Flip Reade: American body-builder, minor actor and mime.
- Don Felder: American guitarist and songwriter (Eagles).
- Keith Harris: English ventriloquist and singer (d. 2015)
- Marsha Norman: American playwright and author
- Harry Carey Sr: Actor / director (Red River, Sundown), dies at 69.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1947 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?