Sunday 21 September 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Fun & Fancy Free, directed by Edgar Bergen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1947 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Flip Reade: American body-builder, minor actor and mime.
- Stephen King: American prolific writer and screenwriter.
- Martha Jones: British-Canadian astrologer based in Alberta whose astrological art has appeared on the cover of The Mountain Astrologer.
- Don Gelder: Gainesville, Florida -- Rocker (Eagles).
- Don Felder: American guitarist and songwriter (Eagles).
- Keith Harris: English ventriloquist and singer (d. 2015)
- Marsha Norman: American playwright and author
- Harry Carey Sr: Actor / director (Red River, Sundown), dies at 69.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1947 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?