Wednesday 3 September 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Dark Passage, directed by Delmer Daves, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1947 ?
- Eric Bell: Northern Irish guitarist and songwriter (Thin Lizzy and The Noel Redding Band).
- Kjell Bondevik: Norwegian minister and politician 26th Prime Minister of Norway.
- Michael Connarty: Scottish educator and politician.
- Mario Draghi: Italian banker and economist.
- Susan Milan: English flute player and composer.
- Michael Huffington: US oil millionaire (Rep-R-California, 1992-94)
- Gérard Houllier: French football manager of the clubs Paris Saint-Germain, RC Lens, Liverpool (with whom he won the FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA Cup in 2001), Olympique Lyonnais (two French titles), and Aston Villa (2010-2011, resigning due to frequent hospitalisation over heart problems). He also coached the French national team between 1992 and 1993. He assisted Aimé Jacquet in the 1998 World Cup, was part of UEFA's and FIFA's Technical Committee in the 2002 and 2006 World Cup finals, and Technical Director for
- Yanks get 18 singles to beat Red Soxs 11-2
- Philadelphia Athletics' Bill McCahan no-hits Washington Senators, 3-0.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Jo Stafford - Feudin' and Fightin'
- I Have But One Heart (O Marinariello) - Vic Damone
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?