Saturday 27 September 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Unsuspected, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1947 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- A Martinez in Glendale: California, USA; actor (Whiz Kids, Cruz - Santa Barbara).
- Jacques Wallage: Sociologist / Dutch Undersecretary of Education.
- Marvin "Meatloaf" Lee Aday in Dallas: Texas, USA; rocker ("Bat Out of Hell", "Paradise by the Dashboard Light").
- Liz Torres in the Bronx: New York, USA; actress (Phyllis, All in the Family).
- Georges Courtois: French criminal, who took hostages at the Assize Court of Nantes in 1985 for 36 hours helped by two accomplices.
- Barbara Dickson: Scottish civil service employee, folk singer, musical stage actress and concert performer. At the age of 21, Dickson took off six weeks from her civil service job and left for Denmark on a singing engagement. In 1973, she received her first big break in the stage musical, "John, Paul, George, Ringo and Bert." She hit the charts with a No.1 hit in February 1985 with "I Know Him So Well," another chart hit in January 1996 and again in February 1997. Dickson gained kudos for her continuing lead rol
- Denis Lawson: Scottish actor and director, known for his roles as John Jarndyce in the BBC's adaptation of "Bleak House," as Gordon Urquhart in the film "Local Hero," as DI Steve McAndrew in BBC One's "New Tricks," and as Wedge Antilles in the original "Star Wars" trilogy.
- Meat Loaf: American singer known as The Wild Man of Rock Opera. Meat-Loaf is the larger-than-life singer who has never fit a rock star stereotype and is often referred to as the "everyman" guy. A devoted family man, he is most famous as a live artist: wildly unpredictable on stage and full of energy, often collapsing from exhaustion after a concert.
- Liz Torres: American actress and singer
- Sweethearts closes at Shubert Theater NYC after 288 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?