Sunday 10 August 1952
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Full House, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1952!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1952 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Ashley Putnam: American singer, a coloratura soprano.
- Daniel Hugh Kelly: American actor.
- Ashley Putnam in New York City: New York, USA; soprano (New York City Opera 1978).
- Renaud Van Ruymbeke: French investigative magistrate, well known for specializing in political and financial corruption cases, who investigated the French-Taiwan frigates Affair, which was related to the Clearstream scandal, and the Urba affair.
- Daniel Kelly: TV Actor.
- Diane Venora: American actress
- Nikolai Alekseyevich Pushenko: Russian Lieutenant Colonel / Cosmonaut
- Pepsi Nunes: Marine biologist
- Louise Suggs wins LPGA All American Women Golf Tournament
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?