Monday 22 March 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
How to Train Your Dragon, directed by Dean DeBlois, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Radio Radio.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Costume Quest or SpongeBob's Boating Bash.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 2010!
Which were the important events of 22 March 2010 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 March
- James W Black: Scottish Nobel Prize-winning doctor and medical research scientist (Born 1924).
- A Pakistani Christian dies after being burned alive for refusing a conversion to Islam. (Asia News)
- United States health care reform
- The United States House of Representatives passes the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010. (BBC)
- Google stops censoring its search results in China, redirecting users to its Hong Kong site. (''China Daily'')
- The Rio Tinto Group bribery trial opens in China. (Al Jazeera)
- Child sex abuse in the Catholic Church:
- Polls in Germany, particularly Bavaria, indicate the church's credibility has decreased and government data indicates people are leaving the church. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
- The Pope's letter to Irish Catholics is met with a negative response, with further calls for him to force controversial Archbishop of Armagh and Primate of All Ireland Cardinal Seán Brady out if he maintains his refusal to resign. (''The Independent'')
- Middle East:
- Israeli warplanes bomb a smuggling tunnel east of Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip in an early morning raid close to the Egyptian border in response to a Palestinian rocket attack which landed in an open area south of the city of Ashkelon, causing no damage or casualties. (Xinhua)
- Kirsty Sword Gusmão, wife of East Timor's Prime Minister, backed by head of East Timor's child protection agency Carmen da Cruz, demands Australian woman Lala Noronha return to Dili 15 Timorese teenagers she has in Malaysia. However, the youths have stated that they do not want to go back. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?