Monday 31 October 1949, Halloween
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Selbenberg and Dumisa B Ntsebeza.
They Live by Night, directed by Nicholas Ray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while The Greatest Story Ever Told by Fulton Oursler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Herb Shriner Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1949!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1949 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Bob Selbenberg: Rocker (Supertramp).
- Dumisa B Ntsebeza: South African attorney / anti-apartheid activist.
- Mike Parker: (Rep-D-Mississippi).
- Odaline de la Martinez: Composer.
- Terrence W Wilcutt in Russellville: Kentucky, USA; Major US Marine Corp/astronaut.
- Elisabeth Guedj: French business executive, Director General of the company G & G Conseil et Enterprises.
- Mart Helme: Estonian journalist and diplomat
- Lúcia Petterle: Brazilian doctor and 1971 Miss World
- Bob Siebenberg: American drummer (Supertramp and Bees Make Honey)
- Alison Wolf: English economist and academic
- Edward R Stettinius: US Foreign Minister (1944-45) / diplomat.
- Regina opens at 46th St. Theater NYC for 86 performances
- WOC (now KWQC) TV channel 6 in Davenport, IA (NBC) 1st broadcast
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Cocoanuts - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?