Tuesday 4 October 1949
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Armand Assante in New York City and Luigi Bonino.
The Heiress, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while The Woman Of Rome by Alberto Moravia was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Magic Clown.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1949!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1949 ?
- Armand Assante in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Private Benjamin, Unfaithfully Yours).
- Luigi Bonino: Italian ballet dancer in the Egri group, a soloist from 1965.
- Godfrey Mwakikagile: Tanzanian scholar, writer and specialist in African studies.
- Henri Poncet: French military officer, a general who conducted several operations in Africa, particularly in Rwanda and Côte d'Ivoire.
- Brynn Thayer: TV Actress.
- Armand Assante: American actor and producer
- Stephen Gyllenhaal: American director producer and screenwriter
- Marion Pruett: American spree killer (Born 1949)
- Edmund Eysler: Austrian composer, dies at 75.
- American Contract Bridge League votes 58.5 percent to keep blacks out.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?