Friday 22 September 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Private Life of Henry VIII., directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1933!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1933 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Leonardo Balada: Spanish-American composer and educator.
- Carmelo Simeone: Argentinian footballer (d. 2014).
- Jesco von Puttkamer: German-American engineer (d. 2012).
- T Cullen Davis: American oil heir and accused murderer.
- T Davis: American oil heir and former billionaire.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?