Saturday 16 September 1933
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Private Life of Henry VIII., directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1933!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1933 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- George Chakiris in Norwood: Ohio, USA; actor (West Side Story).
- Jim Gilbert: Artist.
- Jacques Cleach: Carantec physician.
- Steve Shirley: German-English businesswoman and philanthropist founded Xansa.
- George Gore: American baseball player (Born 1857).
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?