Sunday 17 September 1933
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Private Life of Henry VIII., directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1933!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1933 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Chuck Grassley: American lawyer and politician.
- Dorothy Loudon: American actress and singer (d. 2003).
- Claude Provost: Canadian-American ice hockey player (d. 1984).
- Charles E Grassley: (Sen-R-Iowa, 1981- ).
- Desmond Fennell: British high court judge.
- Patricia Crowley in Olyphant: Pennsylvania, USA; actress (Please Don't Eat the Daisies).
- Dorothy Loudon in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; actress (Garbo Talks, Garry Moore Show).
- Joseph De Piro: Maltese priest and missionary (d. 1933).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?