Monday 25 September 1933
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Footlight Parade, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1933!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1933 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Adolfo Suarez Gonzalez: Premier of Spain (1976-81).
- Henri Gaudin: French architect best known for the construction of 'social housing'.
- Hubie Brown: American basketball player coach and sportscaster.
- Erik Darling: American singer-songwriter (The Weavers and The Tarriers) (d. 2008).
- Brian Murphy: English actor and singer.
- Josef Němec: Czech boxer (d. 2013)
- Ian Tyson: Canadian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Ian & Sylvia and Great Speckled Bird)
- Paul Ehrenfest: Austrian and Dutch theoretical physicist, who made major contributions to the field of statistical mechanics and its relations with quantum mechanics, including the theory of phase transition and the Ehrenfest theorem.
- 1st state poorhouse opens in Smyrna, Georgia
- 5th extermination campaign against communists in Nanjing China
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?