Wednesday 22 September 1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
In UK Hey Girl Don't Bother Me by The Tams was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Haunted Himself, directed by Basil Dearden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1971!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1971 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Märtha: Last known passenger pigeon, dies at Cincinnati Zoo.
- Märtha Louise : Norwegian royalty, the only daughter of King Harald V and Queen Sonja.
- Chesney Lee Haskes: England, United Kingdom -- Singer (Feels So Alive).
- Christian Fauria: NFL tight end (Seattle Seahawks).
- Ian Van Der Wal: Darwin, Australia -- Swimmer (1996 Olympics).
- Princess Martha: Louise of Norway
- Elizabeth Bear: American author and poet
- Chesney Hawkes: English singer-songwriter and actor
- Toomas Krõm: Estonian footballer
- Ted Leonard: American singer-songwriter (Enchant Spock's Beard and Thought Chamber)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- Carpenters - Superstar
- Dramatics - Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get
- Rare Earth - I Just Want To Celebrate
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?