Thursday 23 April 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Saboteur, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1942!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1942 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Sandra Dee: American actress and teenage film idol of the late 50s and early 60s.
- Edmond Baudoin: French artist, illustrator, and writer of sequential art and graphic novels.
- Christian Frémont: French official, the chief of staff for Nicolas Sarkozy.
- Marcelo Torcuato de Alvear: President of Argentina (1922-28), dies at age 73.
- 4-day allied bombing on Rostock begins
- William Temple enthroned as Archbishop of Canterbury.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?