Wednesday 1 April 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Jungle Book, directed by Zoltan Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1942!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1942 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Samuel R[ay] Delany Jr: United States -- Sci-fi author (Towers of Toron, Neveryona).
- Samuel R Delany: American author.
- Danny Brooks: rocker (Dovells).
- Phil Margo in Brooklyn: New York, USA; rock vocalist (The Tokens - "The Lion Sleeps Tonight").
- Alan Blakley: rocker (Brian Poole and The Tremeloes).
- Samuel Delany: American author, professor and literary critic. His work includes fiction (especially science fiction), memoir, criticism, and essays on sexuality and society.
- Brian Binley: English businessman and politician
- Savaş Dinçel: Turkish actor (d. 2007)
- Roderick Floud: English historian and academic
- Philip Margo: American singer drummer and producer (The Tokens)
- Annie Nightingale: British disc jockey
- Richard Wolff: American economist and academic
- Allied air raid on harbor city Kupang, Timor.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?