Saturday 23 July 1927
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Tartuffe, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1927!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1927 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Al[fred] A McCandless: (Rep-R-California, 1983- ).
- Elliot McKay See Jr: Dallas, Texas -- Astronaut.
- Elliot See: American engineer, naval aviator, test pilot, and NASA astronaut, selected in the second group of astronauts.
- Gérard Brach: French screenwriter best known for his collaborations with the film directors Roman Polanski and Jean-Jacques Annaud.
- Gerard Brach: French film director and screenwriter (d. 2006).
- Saad Zaghlul: Egyptian parliament chairman, dies at 74.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?