Saturday 23 July 1927
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Al[fred] A McCandless and Elliot McKay See Jr.
Tartuffe, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1927.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1927!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1927 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Al[fred] A McCandless: (Rep-R-California, 1983- ).
- Elliot McKay See Jr: Dallas, Texas -- Astronaut.
- Gerard Brach: French film director and screenwriter (d. 2006).
- Gérard Brach: French screenwriter best known for his collaborations with the film directors Roman Polanski and Jean-Jacques Annaud.
- Elliot See: American engineer, naval aviator, test pilot, and NASA astronaut, selected in the second group of astronauts.
- Saad Zaghlul: Egyptian parliament chairman, dies at 74.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?