Tuesday 23 July 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Night Passage, directed by James Neilson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1957!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1957 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Jo Brand: Comedian.
- Nick Galis: Greek basketball player.
- Kate Buffery: British actress and writer.
- Nikos Galis: American basketball player.
- Theo Van Gogh: Dutch filmmaker and newspaper columnist who was fatally shot at 8:30 AM on November 2, 2004 in Amsterdam.
- Harry Stefanki: Mento Park, California -- Tennis star
- G Tomasi di Lampedusa: Writer, dies at 61.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
- Nat King Cole - Send For Me
- Johnnie and Joe - Over The Mountain; Across The Sea
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?