Tuesday 23 July 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harry Stefanki and Nick Galis.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Night Passage, directed by James Neilson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Jack Paar Tonight Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1957!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1957 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Harry Stefanki: Mento Park, California -- Tennis star.
- Nick Galis: Greek basketball player.
- Theo Van Gogh: Dutch filmmaker and newspaper columnist who was fatally shot at 8:30 AM on November 2, 2004 in Amsterdam.
- Jo Brand: Comedian.
- Kate Buffery: British actress and writer.
- Nikos Galis: American basketball player
- G Tomasi di Lampedusa: Writer, dies at 61.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Johnny Mathis - It's Not For Me To Say
- Nat King Cole - Send For Me
- Johnnie and Joe - Over The Mountain; Across The Sea
- Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?