Friday 23 October 1925
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Storm Breaker, directed by Edward Sloman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1925!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1925 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Manos Hadjidakis: Greek composer / conductor (Never on Sunday).
- Nanni Loy: Italialn film director, screenwriter, and actor.
- Johnny Carson: American TV personality who began as the host of The Tonight Show on October 1, 1962, reportedly for $100,000 a year, retiring on May 22, 1992 at a $25 million per year salary.
- Manos Hatzidakis: Greek composer and theorist of Greek music.
- Fred Shero: Canadian-American ice hockey player and coach (d. 1990).
- Johnny Carson in Corning: Iowa, USA; comedian (The Tonight Show, Who Do You Trust) (dies 2005).
- Vyacheslav Gavrilovich Karatigin: Composer, dies at 50.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1925 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Oh, How I Miss You Tonight - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 October 1925 and get them!