Friday 23 October 1925
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Manos Hadjidakis and Johnny Carson in Corning.
The Storm Breaker, directed by Edward Sloman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1925.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1925!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1925 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Manos Hadjidakis: Greek composer / conductor (Never on Sunday).
- Johnny Carson in Corning: Iowa, USA; comedian (The Tonight Show, Who Do You Trust) (dies 2005).
- Johnny Carson: American TV personality who began as the host of The Tonight Show on October 1, 1962, reportedly for $100,000 a year, retiring on May 22, 1992 at a $25 million per year salary.
- Manos Hatzidakis: Greek composer and theorist of Greek music.
- Nanni Loy: Italialn film director, screenwriter, and actor.
- Fred Shero: Canadian-American ice hockey player and coach (d. 1990)
- Vyacheslav Gavrilovich Karatigin: Composer, dies at 50.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1925 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Oh, How I Miss You Tonight - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?