Monday 24 December 1900, Christmas Eve
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hawayo Takata and Henri Varin de la Bruneliere.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1900!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1900 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Hawayo Takata: Japanese-American healer who helped introduce the spiritual practice of Reiki to the Western World.
- Henri Varin de la Bruneliere: French Roman Catholic clergyman, the Archbishop of Fort-de-France and Saint-Pierre from 1941 to 1972.
- Joey Smallwood: Canadian journalist and politician 1st Premier of Newfoundland (d. 1991).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1900?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?