Monday 24 June 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Theo Medina and Rene Guipet.
Cupid Angling, directed by Albert Morrison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1918!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1918 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Theo Medina: France sport Champion.
- Rene Guipet: France Military man.
- Mildred Thompson: American journalist and author (d. 2013).
- Yong Lin: Singaporean businessman and politician Singaporean Minister for Education (d. 2012).
- First airmail service in Canada from Montreal to Toronto.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Just Like Washington Crossed the Delaware, General Pershing Will Cross the Rhine - Peerless Quartet
- I May Stay Away a Little Longer - Peerless Quartet
- Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight - Charles Hart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?