Sunday 2 June 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
A Model's Confession, directed by Ida May Park, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1918!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1918 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Ruth Atkinson: Canadian-American illustrator (d. 1997).
- Kathryn Windham: American journalist and author (d. 2011).
- Ellis Williamson: American military, the major general who led the first Army combat troops into South Vietnam.
- Jan Gieles: Dutch astrologer.
- Kathryn Tucker Windham: American writer and storyteller.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1918 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- N Everything - Al Jolson
- K-K-K-Katy (Stammering Song) - Billy Murray
- Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight - Prince's Orchestra
- Wedding Bells (Will They Ever Ring for Me?) - Al Jolson
- Some Day They're Coming Home Again - Orpheus Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1918?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?