Sunday 2 June 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
A Model's Confession, directed by Ida May Park, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1918!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1918 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Ruth Atkinson: Canadian-American illustrator (d. 1997).
- Kathryn Windham: American journalist and author (d. 2011).
- Ellis Williamson: American military, the major general who led the first Army combat troops into South Vietnam.
- Jan Gieles: Dutch astrologer.
- Kathryn Tucker Windham: American writer and storyteller.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1918 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- N Everything - Al Jolson
- K-K-K-Katy (Stammering Song) - Billy Murray
- Some Day They're Coming Home Again - Orpheus Quartet
- Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight - Prince's Orchestra
- Wedding Bells (Will They Ever Ring for Me?) - Al Jolson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?