Wednesday 24 October 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Denis Labouré and Tony Peck.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
I Vitelloni, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tales of the 77th Bengal Lancers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1956 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Denis Labouré: French writer of occult books including "Prédire par les périodes planétaires" (with Chantal Étienne, 1987), "Initiation à la magie" (1991) and "Alchimie du Feu céleste" (2005).
- Tony Peck: American actor and noted family, the son of Gregory Peck and Veronique Passani.
- Rickie White: American musician whose band, "Russia," produced its first album in March 1980.
- Dale Maharidge: American journalist and author.
- Jeff Merkley: American politician, junior senator of Oregon.
- David Stergakos: American-Greek basketball player
- AP names Cin manager Birdie Tebbets as NL Manager of the Year
- Soviet troops invade Hungary, Imre Nagy becomes Prime Minister of Hungary
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 October 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?