Friday 24 November 1916
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Forrest J Ackerman and Forrest Ackerman.
American Aristocracy, directed by Lloyd Ingraham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1916!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1916 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Forrest J Ackerman: Invented the term "sci-fi".
- Forrest Ackerman: American collector of science fiction books and movie memorabilia and a science fiction fan.
- Georges Vignon: Lyon 3?me physician.
- John Francis Barnett: Composer, dies at 79.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Cradle Song 1915 - John McCormack
- There's a Little Bit of Bad in Every Good Little Girl - Billy Murray
- Hallelujah Chorus - Reginald McAll
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?