Sunday 25 April 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marre and Jean Carmet actor (Cache Cash.
The Son of Tarzan, directed by Arthur J. Flaven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1920!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1920 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Marre: Reformer of the bar.
- Jean Carmet actor (Cache Cash: Miss Mona, Night Magic).
- Jean Carmet: French film/tv actor, comedian, and screenwriter.
- John Mantley: Canadian actor, writer, director and producer of television programs, most notably, the long-running"Gunsmoke.
- Robert Lewis: American game show host and actor (d. 1991).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1920 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Just Like a Gypsy - Nora Bayes
- That Tumble-Down Shack in Athlone - John McCormack
- Chloe - Al Jolson
- Elder Eatmore's Sermon on Generosity - Bert Williams
- That Naughty Waltz - Columbia Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?