Friday 25 January 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Sproule and Adam Meadows.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to You're Sixteen by Ringo Starr.
In UK You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Deep Throat Part II, directed by Joe Sarno, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Honorary Consul by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Carrie's War.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Elimination or Qwak!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1974!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1974 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Daniel Sproule: Australian field hockey halfback (Olympics-1996).
- Adam Meadows: offensive tackle (Indianapolis Colts).
- Jonathan Bryan Colling in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; rocker (4 Fun-Unbelievable Fun Boys).
- Robert Budreau: Canadian director producer and screenwriter.
- Emily Haines: Canadian singer-songwriter and keyboard player (Metric and Broken Social Scene).
- Attilio Nicodemo: Italian footballer
- Christian Barnard transplants 1st human heart without removal of old
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 January 1974
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
- Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boy's Room
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Byron MacGregor - Americans
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?