Thursday 25 October 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Franciosa in New York City and Marion Ross in Albert Lea.
Noah's Ark, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1928!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1928 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Anthony Franciosa in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Long Hot Summer, Name of Game, Death Wish 3).
- Marion Ross in Albert Lea: Minnesota, USA; actress (Marion - Happy Days, Brooklyn Bridge).
- Tony Franciosa: Italian/American lead actor in stage and film, well-known for his lithe movements, a ready grin and piercing blue eyes.
- Marion Ross: TV Actress.
- Jeanne Cooper: Minneapolis, Minnesota -- Actress (Kay - Young and the Restless).
- Anthony Franciosa: American actor (Born 1928)
- Peter Naur: Danish computer scientist astronomer and academic (d. 2016)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1928 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Where'd You Get Those Eyes? - Vaughn De Leath
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?