Friday 25 October 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Corey Miller and Lisa Trusel in California.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
In UK Those Were The Days by Mary Hopkin was in the top 5 hits.
The Lion in Winter, directed by Anthony Harvey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Edgar Wallace Mystery Theatre.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1968!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1968 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Corey Miller: NFL linebacker (New York Giants).
- Lisa Trusel in California: USA; actress (Lizette - Father Murphy, Days of Our Lives).
- Plane 14333: Plane crash, location not given; no further information.
- Lucinda Robb: American noted family, the granddaughter of president Lyndon B. Johnson.
- Speech : American rapper (Arrested Development).
- Sean Sasser: American chef and activist (d. 2013)
- Jean Schlumberger: French jewellery designer, the most acclaimed of his time.
- Chicago recognizes Jean Baptiste Pointe de Sable as its 1st settler
- Chicago, Illinois, recognizes Jean Baptiste Pointe de Sable as its first settler.
- Longest Olympic field hockey game, Holland beats Spain 1-0 in 2 hours 25 minutes (6 overtime periods).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- O.C. Smith - Little Green Apples
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- Mary Hopkin - Those Were The Days
- The O'Kaysions - Girl Watcher
- The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions
- Gary Puckett - Over You
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- The Turtles - Elenore
- The Bee Gees - I've Gotta Get A Message To You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?