Wednesday 3 October 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Wedding March, directed by Erich von Stroheim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1928!
Which were the important events of 3 October 1928 ?
- Erik Bruhn in Copenhagen: Denmark; dancer (National Ballet of Canada).
- Christian Oriola: France sport Champion.
- Edward Moyers: American businessman (d. 2006).
- Shridath Ramphal: Guyanese academic and politician 2nd Commonwealth Secretary-General.
- Kåre Willoch: Norwegian politician of the Conservative Party.
- Christian D'Oriola: French athlete and six-time Olympic medalist in fencing between the years of 1948-1956 (four gold, two silver medals). He captured the world title four times between the years of 1948-1954. He died October 29, 2007 in Nimes, France, age 79.
- Shridath Surendranath "Sonny" Ramphal: Guyanese Secretary General (1975- )
- Erik Bruhn: Danish dancer, one of the great ballet dancers of the 20th century who set standards of dance excellence and dramatic intensity. The fourth child after three girls, he was moody, gifted, handsome, graceful and a loner with a cruel streak. Bruhn leaped to famed in Giselle, 1955. He retired from classical ballet in 1971, but returned in 1/1976 to dance for a gala 35th-year party in celebration of the American Ballet Theatre. His performance was so electrifying, that he agreed to dance with ABT dur
- French sun Ondine sinks returning to Toulon, drowning 42
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 October 1928 and get them!