Monday 8 October 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include M Russell Ballard and Ray Stricklyn.
Kriemhild's Revenge, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1928!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1928 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- M Russell Ballard: American religious figure.
- Ray Stricklyn: American film actor, stage actor, television actor, soap opera star and publicist.
- Tom Tierney: American paper doll artist, credited with reviving the lost art of paper doll making during his career which stretched from the 1970s to his death on 12 July 2014.
- Didi : Brazilian footballer and manager (d. 2001).
- M Ballard: American lieutenant and religious leader.
- Larry Semon: American actor director producer and screenwriter (d. 1928).
- Eastern Soccer League forms in US.
- Joseph Szigeti gives the first performance of Alfredo Casella's Violin Concerto.
- Chiang Kai-shek is named as Generalissimo (Chairman of the National Military Council) of the Nationalist Government of the Republic of China.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?