Monday 8 October 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Kriemhild's Revenge, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1928!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1928 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- M Russell Ballard: American religious figure.
- Didi : Brazilian footballer and manager (d. 2001).
- M Ballard: American lieutenant and religious leader.
- Neil Harvey: Australian cricketer.
- Bill Maynard: English actor.
- Tom Tierney: American paper doll artist, credited with reviving the lost art of paper doll making during his career which stretched from the 1970s to his death on 12 July 2014. Over the course of his career, he sold over four million paper dolls and 400 paper doll books to readers all over the world, including one to Pope John Paul II.
- Ray Stricklyn: American film actor, stage actor, television actor, soap opera star and publicist. His acting career took off with B-movie Westerns that placed his boyish good looks playing opposite top talent of the time.
- Larry Semon: American actor director producer and screenwriter (d. 1928).
- Eastern Soccer League forms in US.
- Joseph Szigeti gives the first performance of Alfredo Casella's Violin Concerto.
- Chiang Kai-shek is named as Generalissimo (Chairman of the National Military Council) of the Nationalist Government of the Republic of China.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 October 1928 and get them!