Monday 26 November 1934
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ludmila Shevtsova and Cengiz Bektaş.
It's a Gift, directed by Norman McLeod, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 1934!
Which were the important events of 26 November 1934 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
- Ludmila Shevtsova: USSR -- 800m runner (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Cengiz Bektaş: Turkish architect engineer and journalist.
- Jerry Jameson: American director and producer.
- Mykhailo Hrushevsky: Ukrainian historian and statesman (Born 1866).
- German Theologist Karl Barth surrenders to Nazi
- Turkish regiment decrees importing family names
- Universal Pictures releases the first film version of Fannie Hurst's novel, '''''Imitation of Life''''', starring Claudette Colbert and Louise Beavers. It gives Beavers, usually featured in small roles as a maid, her best screen role, and features the largest supporting role played by a black person in a Hollywood film up till then. Its storyline partially revolves around a young mulatto girl rejecting her mother and trying to quotpass for whitequot. It is the first Hollywood film to seriously
- A running gun battle between FBI agents and bank robber Baby Face Nelson results in the death of one FBI agent and the mortal wounding of special agent Samuel P. Cowley, who was still able to mortally wound Nelson.
- Bolivian President Daniel Salamanca deposed.
- In the Soviet Union, Politburo member Sergei Kirov is shot and killed at the Communist Party headquarters in Leningrad by Leonid Nikolaev (it is widely thought that Soviet leader Joseph Stalin ordered this murder).
- In Mexico, Lázaro Cárdenas is inaugurated as President of that country.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1934 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?