Friday 9 November 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Trail Beyond, directed by Robert Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1934!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1934 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Ronald Harwood [Horwitz]: South African playwright (Dresser).
- Carl Sagan in New York City: USA; astronomer/author/professor (Cosmos, Broca's Brain).
- Carl Sagan: American astronomer, astrophysicist, exobiologist, educator, and popular celebrity.
- Pierre Suard: French engineer, senior official, and director of national companies.
- Jean-Pierre Soisson: Auxerre Politician.
- Ingvar Carlsson: Swedish economist and politician 29th Prime Minister of Sweden
- Ronald Harwood: South African author playwright and screenwriter
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?