Friday 9 November 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ronald Harwood [Horwitz] and Carl Sagan in New York City.
The Trail Beyond, directed by Robert Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1934!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1934 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Ronald Harwood [Horwitz]: South African playwright (Dresser).
- Carl Sagan in New York City: USA; astronomer/author/professor (Cosmos, Broca's Brain).
- Carl Sagan: American astronomer, astrophysicist, exobiologist, educator, and popular celebrity.
- Pierre Suard: French engineer, senior official, and director of national companies.
- Jean-Pierre Soisson: Auxerre Politician.
- Ingvar Carlsson: Swedish economist and politician 29th Prime Minister of Sweden
- Ronald Harwood: South African author playwright and screenwriter
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?