Monday 27 December 1937
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Sex Madness, directed by Dwain Esper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1937!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1937 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Roberto Fascilla: Italian ballet dancer and choreographer.
- Bradman scores 246 South Africa vs. Queensland, 364 mins, 20 fours
- Mae West performs Adam and Eve skit that gets her banned from NBC radio
- German immigration officials, with no explanation, bar Juan Carlos Zabala of Argentina, 1932 Olympic marathon champion, from entering Germany.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1937 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Thanks for the Memory - Shep Fields & His Rippling Rhythm Orchestra
- There's a Gold Mine in the Sky - Horace Heidt & His Orchestra
- Sweet Someone - Horace Heidt & His Orchestra
- In the Still of the Night - Leo Reisman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 December 1937 and get them!