Thursday 23 December 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, directed by William Cottrell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1937!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1937 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Avi : Young Adult Author.
- Karol Joseph Bobko in New York City: New York, USA; Colonel US Air Force/astronaut (STS 6, STS 51D, STS 51J).
- Barney Rosenzweig: American screenwriter and producer.
- Nelson Shanks: American painter historian and educator (d. 2015).
- Edward Irving Wortis: American author.
- Roger-Maurice Bonnet: French astrophysicist.
- First flight of the Vickers Wellington bomber.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 December 1937 and get them!