Wednesday 22 December 1937
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, directed by William Cottrell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1937!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1937 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Marco J: de Castro; Dutch Antillian politician.
- Charlotte Lamb: English author (d. 2000).
- Eduard Uspensky: Russian author poet and playwright.
- Ken Whitmore: English author and playwright.
- Lincoln Tunnel (New York City, New York) opens to traffic.
- The Lincoln Tunnel opens to traffic in New York City.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 22 December 1937 and get them!