Saturday 25 December 1937, Christmas
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Sex Madness, directed by Dwain Esper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1937!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1937 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- O'Kelly Isley in Cincinnati: Ohio, USA; singer (Isley Brothers - "Twist and Shout").
- Kelly Isley: American musician, one of four brothers who sang in the local church choir before forming a professional quartet in 1955.
- Marcel Maréchal: French actor, director and writer.
- O'Kelly Isley: Jr.
- Arturo Toscanini conducts 1st Symphony of the Air over NBC Radio
- Queensland all out for 93 versus South Africa in front of 10,436.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1937 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Thanks for the Memory - Shep Fields & His Rippling Rhythm Orchestra
- There's a Gold Mine in the Sky - Horace Heidt & His Orchestra
- Sweet Someone - Horace Heidt & His Orchestra
- In the Still of the Night - Leo Reisman & His Orchestra
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?