Wednesday 1 December 1937
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gordon Crosse in Bury and Vaira Vike-Freiberga.
Nothing Sacred, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Artists and Their Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1937!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1937 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Gordon Crosse in Bury: Lancashire, England; composer ("Grace of Todd").
- Vaira Vike-Freiberga: 6th President of Latvia.
- Mino Damato: Italian journalist, a broadcast-newscaster for Sunday sports, 1985.
- Muriel Costa-Greenspon: American soprano and actress (d. 2005).
- Gordon Crosse: English composer and academic.
- Chuck Low: American actor
- Vaira Vīķe-Freiberga: Latvian psychologist and politician 6th President of Latvia
- Japan recognizes Franco government of Spain.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?