Wednesday 1 December 1937
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Nothing Sacred, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1937!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1937 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Vaira Vike-Freiberga: 6th President of Latvia.
- Mino Damato: Italian journalist, a broadcast-newscaster for Sunday sports, 1985.
- Gordon Crosse in Bury: Lancashire, England; composer ("Grace of Todd").
- Muriel Costa-Greenspon: American soprano and actress (d. 2005).
- Gordon Crosse: English composer and academic.
- Chuck Low: American actor
- Vaira Vīķe-Freiberga: Latvian psychologist and politician 6th President of Latvia
- Japan recognizes Franco government of Spain.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 1 December 1937 and get them!