Thursday 30 December 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
In Old Chicago, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1937!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1937 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- John Hartford: American musician, a banjo player, songwriter and singer, a three-time Grammy Award winner and author of "Gentle on My Mind.
- Alain Chapel: French Michelin 3 starred chef, credited with being one of the originators of Nouvelle Cuisine.
- Noel Paul Stookey: American folk singer (Peter, Paul & Mary).
- [Noel] Paul Stookey in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; singer/musician/comedian (Peter, Paul, and Mary).
- Paul Stookey: American musician, a singer and composer, best known as a member of the folk group, "Peter, Paul and Mary.
- Gordon Banks: English footballer and manager
- Jim Marshall: American football player
- John Hartford in New York City: New York, USA; singer/songwriter (Smothers Brothers Hour, "Gentle on My Mind").
- Hans Niels Andersen: Danish businessman, founder of the East Asiatic Company (Born 1852).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1937 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Thanks for the Memory - Shep Fields & His Rippling Rhythm Orchestra
- There's a Gold Mine in the Sky - Horace Heidt & His Orchestra
- Sweet Someone - Horace Heidt & His Orchestra
- In the Still of the Night - Leo Reisman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?