Thursday 30 December 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Hartford in New York City and Noel Paul Stookey.
In Old Chicago, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Craftsmen at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1937!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1937 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- John Hartford in New York City: New York, USA; singer/songwriter (Smothers Brothers Hour, "Gentle on My Mind").
- Noel Paul Stookey: American folk singer (Peter, Paul & Mary).
- [Noel] Paul Stookey in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; singer/musician/comedian (Peter, Paul, and Mary).
- Alain Chapel: French Michelin 3 starred chef, credited with being one of the originators of Nouvelle Cuisine.
- John Hartford: American musician, a banjo player, songwriter and singer, a three-time Grammy Award winner and author of "Gentle on My Mind.
- Paul Stookey: American musician, a singer and composer, best known as a member of the folk group, "Peter, Paul and Mary." He worked as a standup comic in Greenwich Village in 1961 until joining Mary Travers and Peter Yarrow in the melodic harmony of the group. In 1970 they separated after many hits and he continued to sing in solo recordings. During the '80s and even into the '90s, PP&M reunited for specials, with another generation singing along to favorites such as "Puff The Magic Dragon." Though they lead
- Gordon Banks: English footballer and manager
- Jim Marshall: American football player
- Hans Niels Andersen: Danish businessman, founder of the East Asiatic Company (Born 1852).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1937 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Thanks for the Memory - Shep Fields & His Rippling Rhythm Orchestra
- There's a Gold Mine in the Sky - Horace Heidt & His Orchestra
- Sweet Someone - Horace Heidt & His Orchestra
- In the Still of the Night - Leo Reisman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?