Wednesday 27 May 1931
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
A Free Soul, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1931!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1931 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Florence Sharples: director (British YWCA).
- Kenny Price: Florence, Kentucky -- Country singer (Midwestern Hayride, Hee Haw).
- Veroslav Neumann: Composer.
- John Chapple: English field marshal and politician Governor of Gibraltar.
- Faten Hamama: Egyptian actress and producer (d. 2015).
- Zora Folley: American heavyweight boxer. He was well skilled with a good defence and also a punch to go with it.
- Bernard Fresson: French cinema actor. He starred in over 160 films. Some of his notable roles include: Javert in the 1972 mini-series version of Les Misérables, Inspector Barthelmy in John Frankenheimer's French Connection II (1974), Scope in Roman Polanski's The Tenant (1976), Gilbert in L'amant de poche (1978), and Francis in Garçon! (1983), for which he received a César nomination for Best Supporting Actor. He died on 20 October 2002.
- 1st full scale wind tunnel for testing airplanes, Langley Field, Virginia
- Piccard and Knipfer make first flight into stratosphere, by balloon; first use of pressurized cabin in a balloon.
- First full-scale wind tunnel for testing airplanes, in Langley Field, Virginia, USA.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?