Thursday 27 May 1948
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anna E "Annelies" Balhan and Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Volkov cosmonaut (Soyuz TM-8.
The Counterfeiters, directed by Peter Stewart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching We, the People.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1948!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1948 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Anna E "Annelies" Balhan: Dutch revue-artist / actress (Sweet Chairty).
- Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Volkov cosmonaut (Soyuz TM-8: T-14, TM-7).
- Gary Nolan: American former Major League Baseball right-handed starting pitcher who played with the Cincinnati Reds (1967–73, 1975–77) and California Angels (1977).
- Marley Pfeifle: Marlene Pfeifle is an ISAR Certified Astrologer Professional (C.
- Wubbo de Boer: Dutch civil servant.
- Pete Sears: English bass player (Jefferson Starship Moonalice and Hot Tuna)
- Morning Zell-Ravenheart: American occultist and author (d. 2014)
- Arabs blow up Jewish synagogue Hurvat Rabbi Yehudah he-Hasid.
- Hank Greenberg buys an interest in the Cleveland Indians.
- RKO Radio Pictures releases Disney's animated and live-action feature film Melody Time to theaters in the USA. It includes the animated films Once Upon a Wintertime, Bumble Boogie, Johnny Appleseed, Little Toot, Blame it on the Samba (with Donald Duck), and Pecos Bill.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- You Can't be True, Dear - Vera Lynn
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?