Sunday 16 May 1948
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Judy Finnegan and Adrian Legg.
State of the Union, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Barney Blake, Police Reporter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1948!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1948 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Judy Finnegan: English TV presenter (Richard & Judy).
- Adrian Legg: English guitarist.
- James Hood: Scottish politician, a Member of Parliament, Labour representative of the Clydeside district, returned at General Election on 6/11/1987.
- Jesper Christensen: Danish actor director and producer.
- Katia Dandoulaki: Greek model and actress.
- Judy Finnigan: English talk show host and author
- Enrico Fumia: Italian automobile and product designer
- Emma Rothschild: English historian and academic
- Staf Van Roosbroeck: Belgian cyclist
- George Polk, CBS news correspondant, body found
- Egyptians enter the Gaza.
- Israel issues its first postage stamps.
- Botvinnik wins 5-player tournament to determine world chess champion.
- CBS news correspondent George Polk's body is found in Greece.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- My Happiness - Jon & Sandra Steele
- Tell Me a Story - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?