Friday 7 May 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Wingfield and Susan Atkins.
State of the Union, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Barney Blake, Police Reporter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1948 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Peter Wingfield: Wales, United Kingdom -- Rocker / actor (Methos-Highlander).
- Susan Atkins: American homicide perpetrator.
- Robert Cole: American astrologer and author.
- Hans Cousto: Swiss/German astrologer, musician and music researcher.
- Nazi collaborator V-Mann Antonius van de Waals sentenced to death.
- The Council of Europe is founded during the Hague Congress.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 May 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Dickey-Bird Song - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?