Saturday 28 December 1912
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Sodoms Ende, directed by Alfred Abel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1912!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1912 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- François-Henri Spoerry: French architect, developer, urban planner, philanthropist and writer.
- Antonio De Girolamo: Italy Scientist.
- Auguste Loubatieres: Agde physician.
- San Francisco Municipal Railway starts operation at Geary Street
- National Council of Young Israel convenes.
- The first municipally owned streetcars take to the streets in San Francisco, California.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hitchy-Koo - American Quartet
- Rose of Pyramid Land - Walter Van Brunt & Helen Clark
- Town Topics of Pumpkin Center - Cal Stewart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 December 1912 and get them!