Tuesday 28 December 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Flesh and the Devil, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1926!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1926 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Rodrigo Carazo Odio: President of Costa Rica from 8 May 1978 to 8 May 1982.
- Donald Carr: German-English cricketer and referee.
- Donna Hightower: American singer-songwriter (d. 2013).
- Gökşin Sipahioğlu: Turkish photographer and journalist (d. 2011).
- Primo Sentimenti: Italy sport Champion.
- Ponsford scores 352 and Ryder 295 against New South Wales
- Victoria all out for 1107 against NSW at the MCG Crowd 22,348
- Imperial Airways begins England-India mail and passenger service.
- Arthur Mailey takes 4-362 off 64 overs (no maidens) New South Wales versus Victoria in cricket.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- It Made You Happy When You Made Me Cry - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- I Lost My Heart in Monterey (When I Found You) - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Tonight You Belong to Me - Franklyn Baur
- Someone is Losin' Susan - Harry Reser's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 December 1926 and get them!