Monday 28 June 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Faces of Children, directed by Jacques Feyder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1926!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1926 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Robert Shelton Shapiro: Journalist.
- Mitsugi Ohno: Japanese glassblower (d. 1999).
- Mel Brooks: American film director, screenwriter, comedian, actor, producer, composer and songwriter.
- Warren Phillips: American executive and CEO in charge of Dow Jones Reports.
- Jean-Paul DéRon: St Cast Le Guildo Journalist.
- Giuseppe Dordoni: Italian field and track star, the winner of a Gold Medal in the 50k walk at the Helsinki Olympics. A mythical walker, Dordoni was one of the most noble and loved of athletic legends. His competitive career ran from 1946 to 1957. From 1961-1991, he was the coach of the Italian walking team.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Valencia - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- The Governor's Pardon - Vernon Dalhart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?