Monday 28 May 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gary Stewart in Latcher County and John N Bambacus.
The Way Ahead, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1945!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1945 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Gary Stewart in Latcher County: Kentucky, USA; country singer ("She's Actin' Single").
- John N Bambacus: American politician.
- Hunter ''Patch'' Adams: American physician and social activist.
- Hilary Abramson: American publicist, a former reporter for a metropolitan paper.
- Patch Adams: American physician, famed over the years throughout the medical community for charging no fees, carrying no malpractice insurance and living with his patients in a country farm setting.
- John Fogerty: American musician, one of rock's great singer-composer-guitarists who ranked alongside Chuck Berry and Buddy Holly. With a bayou rock'n'roll style, he arranged and produced undisputed rock standards and classics.
- John Bambacus: American sergeant and politician
- Jean Perrault: Canadian politician Mayor of Sherbrooke
- Helena Shovelton: English physician
- William Joyce (quotLord Haw-Hawquot) is captured. He is later charged with high treason in London for his English-language wartime broadcasts on German radio, convicted, and then hanged in January 1946.
- German communists, led by Walter Ulbricht, arrive in Berlin.
- Dutch painter Han van Meegeren is arrested for collaboration with the Nazis, but the paintings he had sold to Hermann Göring (Koch) are later found to be his fakes.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1945 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- There Must Be a Way - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
- Dick Haymes - Laura
- Caldonia Boogie - Louis Jordan & His Tympany Five
- Bell-Bottom Trousers - Louis Prima & His Orchestra
- You Belong To My Heart - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?